The primary duties of the Solar PV Installer are as follows:
● Work with a crew to install solar PV installations and perform other solar PV related work.
● Ensure safe, on schedule, and excellent quality installations.
● Arrive on time each workday to the designated work site.
● Participate in safety briefings at the start of each workday and always follow safe work practices as outlined by the crew leader and OSHA.
● Participate in company programs that help us build and reinforce our work culture.
● Communicate well with other Ecology Solar Stakeholders.
● Help maintain a “leave no trace” ethos at each job site, ensuring that it is left as good or better than it was found.
● Ensure that each job site is kept well organized, neat, and safe.
● Ensure that all tools and equipment are put away properly each day, and recyclables and trash are properly disposed.
● Ensure that the quality of each installation is documented with approved
This will be a full-time position.
Preferred skills and certifications:
● Be comfortable with rooftop work, able to use small hand tools and equipment.
● Do your best to prevent wear and damage to every roof worked on.
● We’re looking for someone with solar PV installation experience.
● Work well with others, communicate well, identify and report safety hazards.
● Initiative and the ability to figure things out on your own, and in communication with engineering as appropriate.
● Willing to work in Colorado’s hot and cold weather conditions.
● A positive, can-do attitude to help complete projects safely, well-constructed, on-time, and within budget.
● Maintain a professional appearance and use courtesy and respect when interacting with coworkers, clients, AHJ’s, and vendors.
● NABCEP Associate PV Installer certification.
● OSHA 10-hour construction certification.
In summary, we’re looking for an experienced solar PV installer who loves this kind of work and feels aligned with our company culture (see “Who We Are” section above). The pay for this position ranges from $22/hr to $43.50/hr, depending on experience and certifications. We offer 19 days per year of paid time off, which starts accruing per hours worked after the 90 day evaluation period, plus ten paid holidays per year, six fixed and four floating. To assist our Stakeholders with career advancement, we subsidize continuing work-related education and certifications.
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply. We don’t need to see your resumé yet, so please do not send it and please do not call. For now just send an email to email@example.com with answers to the following questions:
- How is this position a good fit for you?
- What would you get out of working in the environment described above?
- What are the three biggest strengths you could bring to us?
- How can we support you–what would you need from us to be successful?
- Where do you want to go with your life (career is a part of life, not separate)?
- What’s the one thing standing in your way to getting you to where you want to go?
- List the seven things, in order of impact, that you would bring to Ecology Solar to take us to the next level.