- Participates as an integral member of the Project Development team;
- Identifies land parcels meeting the Company’s solar development requirements;
- Secures land positions for the Company;
- Supports in-house title in gathering, organizing and analyzing title documents and performing internal title updates;
- Works with in-house GIS resources to guide land screening activities;
- Engages landowners in land acquisition discussions about project site opportunities;
- Supports drafting of LOI, option and lease agreements;
- Negotiates LOIs, options and lease agreements with landowners;
- Travels to site locations to meet with landowners and evaluate sites;
- Maintains a working relationship with landowners;
- Coordinates and distributes work assignments when the workload requires using contract personnel for lease acquisitions;
- Writes summary land reports documenting the landscape of leasing options;
- Assists in title curative work;
- Identifies and selects viable solar energy generation facility locations, including the identification of property ownership, topography, insolation, and interconnection;
- Confers with internal team members to ensure potential land use, zoning, and environmental risks and costs are understood prior to committing to a project site;
- Generates and manages development schedules and budgets reflecting research into permitting and site study requirements, timeframes, and costs and periodically reports progress; permitting requirements, a smooth handoff between development and project management and a successful, cost effective, and efficient project development process;
- Oversees the local, state and county level permitting processes for specific projects, including:
- Managing information assembly, flows and submittals to relevant permitting body,
- selecting and managing consulting firms (e.g. environmental site studies, surveying, permitting support and regulatory compliance),
- consulting on the selection of a civil design firm,
- supporting site design efforts,
- managing all land use and zoning approvals, site studies and environmental permitting, and
- ensuring compliance with all permits and approvals;
- Manages community outreach and public stakeholder communication and education;
- Works with landowners on permitting and approval processes.
- Advises other teams to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the project
- Degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline required.
- Two or more year’s progressive experience in energy project development and/or construction. Solar a benefit, but experience with permitting other energy related projects acceptable.
- Experience with, and thorough understanding of, the development of utility, commercial and industrial PV.
- Experience with navigating complex local permitting and title curative processes.
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States and travel through the US and Canada.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner within a highly accountable environment.
Please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to HR@oakleafep.com.