Amp is currently looking to add a Project Accountant to its US regional team. The US Project Accountant will play an integral role in financial management and reporting for all of Amp’s operating projects and for those currently under development. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day project accounting expertise and guidance, including tracking revenue and expenses, coordinating with the broader accounting team for remitting vendor payments, maintaining project accounting records, ensuring accuracy of invoices and payments, managing financial reporting to internal and external parties, and serving as the primary liaison with the corporate accounting team at Amp’s Canadian headquarters.
This role reports to Amp’s Controller.
- Track and maintain detailed accounting records for renewable energy projects in the US; monitor, confirm accuracy and record expenses, revenues, and capital expenditures and provide accurate and timely cash flow reporting.
- Work closely with project management and asset management teams to develop project budgets and revenue projections; review and analyze actual costs and financial performance against budgets and projections.
- Support preparation of quarterly financial statements for Amp’s project entities; support annual audit by providing information, analysis, and reconciliations; maintain necessary audit records.
- Liaise with stakeholders on reconciliation and posting of AR and Collections.
- Handle state and federal tax reporting.
- Coordinate with Amp’s accounts payable team to ensure timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices and fees due to service providers.
- Review, summarize, and understand project related contracts and subcontractor agreements to ensure proper anticipation of milestones and future payments; ensure that customer invoicing is completed per contract terms.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or Economics along with 5 years of project accounting experience, preferably in a construction or utility environment; experience in energy generation or renewable energy a plus.
- Experience with tax equity investment structures in the US.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, or another ERP system preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion/PBCS/SAP BPC/Other planning software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach to problem solving and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in teams and independently; ability to take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion, at times with minimal supervision.
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States and travel through the United States and Canada.
Please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to HR@amp.energy with this subject line: Application for Project Accountant, USA – Your Full Name. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.