Post Date: October 12, 2017
Job Title: PV Team Curriculum Developer
To Apply: To apply, please submit your resume, including industry-specific training, cover letter, and three references in one combined PDF to email@example.com. The the application deadline is October 30th.
Job Description: Successful candidates for our PV Curriculum Developer position will: combine PV technical knowledge with the ability to effectively communicate these concepts to various audiences; enthusiastically participate and communicate in a team-environment while being self-directed; engage in evolving SEI’s educational models; meet deadlines; and continuously strive to meet SEI’s standard of quality and professionalism with our instruction.
Vision of Curriculum and Instruction Department
SEI’s mission is to provide industry-leading technical training and expertise in renewable energy to empower people, communities, and businesses worldwide. Since 1991, SEI has provided training for all levels of professionals within the solar electric industry; whether a person is new to the industry or wants to expand their skills—from grid-tied to battery-based to O&M, from residential to utility-scale to microgrids. The Curriculum and Instruction Department is responsible for ensuring that our online, in-person, hands-on, and contract trainings are industry-leading and delivered to SEI’s standards in the appropriate language.
- Technical editing and developing of SEI’s PV curriculum, including PowerPoints, exercises, quizzes, and videos for online and in-person trainings, including:
- Updating course curriculum, structure, and format
- Ensuring online and in-person curriculum are cohesive
- Soliciting, tracking, and implementing instructor feedback
- Participating in the development of new PV courses and SEI textbooks
- Developing conference and contract curriculum
- Instruct PV courses in-person and online, as needed
PV Team Member
- Attend weekly PV Team meetings, participate on subcommittees, and engage in SEI staff meetings
- Represent SEI at industry conferences
- Participate in SEI’s annual PV instructor training
- Assist registration staff with student placement and general technical questions from the public
- Minimum of 3 years of experience installing and designing PV systems and a strong technical understanding of best practices, industry standards, and the National Electrical Code
- Minimum of 2 years of experience creating curriculum and/or instruction
- NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installation Professional
- IREC Certified preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Strong preference for bilingual, Spanish/English languages
- Ability to work and communicate well in a team environment, under tight deadlines, and to adapt to new situations
- Experience and expertise using MS PowerPoint and MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, CAD, and other industry-specific software
- Ability to work self-directed in an online, virtual environment and with a remote team
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers via email and Skype
- Requires occasional travel to SEI, conferences, and other SEI trainings
Salary and benefits
This position is full-time (40 hours), based remotely but will involve a few weeks a year at SEI’s home office and lab facility in Colorado. Salary starting at $24/hour. Additional benefits include health insurance, paid time-off, and a retirement package.
Applications due October 30, 2017. Ideal start date is November 27, 2017. To apply, please submit your resume, including industry-specific training, cover letter, and three references in one combined PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org