Post Date: July 27, 2017
Job Title: Experienced Solar Installer
Location: Denver Metro
To Apply: Please Complete This Online Application
The Senior Installer is a member of an installation crew that reports to the Crew Lead. Previous solar installation experience is required.
- Includes all responsibilities of the Junior Installer.
- Installation of residential rooftop and ground mounted PV solar systems, which includes:
- Working at heights of 20 feet off the ground or more.
- Working in extreme hot/cold temperatures.
- Climbing up and down a ladder throughout the workday.
- Jobsite setup, safety setup, and jobsite clean up.
- Includes setting anchors for fall protection * Measuring and marking the layout of the PV array(s).
- Installation of the system mounts, rails, wiring, grounding/bonding, and modules.
- Bending and installing conduit on the roof.
- Hand digging trenches to safely avoid underground hazards.
- Operating trenching machine.
- Operating Skid steer, as necessary for ground mounts. * Installing structural upgrades, sistering and blocking. * Adherence to all safety standards and installation protocols.
- Conduct Safety Tailgate Meetings when Crew Lead is absent. * Report any project or customer issues to Crew Lead.
- Documentation of all job details as required.
- Operation and maintenance company vehicles.
- Load and unload vehicle each day.
- Keep vehicles clean.
- Assist in vehicle maintenance checks. * Ensuring excellent customer experience and interaction.
- Refer all homeowner’s questions or concerns to the Crew Lead. * Fill in for Crew Lead if necessary.
- 6-12 months minimum experience in solar installation or similar construction field.
- Medium understanding of common building materials, tools and techniques
- Medium understanding of solar technology and solar applications
- Proficient with safety equipment
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality workmanship
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently
- Good Communication skills, legible writing.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. throughout the day.
- Ability to work in extreme environments
- Must be able to climb ladders and work on your feet for long periods of time
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Must have a reliable vehicle and cell phone
- OSHA 10 hour certified, preferred
- First Aid/CPR certified, preferred