Post Date: July 7, 2016
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letters to: HR@solarips.com
Job Title: Installer
Location: 1501 Lee Hill Dr. #24, Boulder, CO 80304
Division/Department: Boulder Branch
Reports to: Crew Leader
Installers are responsible for the hands-on installation of solar electric systems. Duties include assisting sales staff with site-assessments, planning and completing installation, managing inventory and shop organization, maintaining equipment, and interacting with clients. Installers should be competent with hand-tools and power tools, physically fit, capable of working in all weather conditions, detail-oriented, hard-working, and passionate about solar:
- Install on time per budgeted hours
- PV System Layout, Racking/Module Installation and DC Wiring
- Manage inventory and order materials for upcoming installations.
- Assist Project Manger in planning installation schedule; organize, fabricate, and load all materials for a job prior to departure; ask office personnel to communicate schedule with client.
- Interface with clients and prospects.
- Organize and clean shop; maintain company equipment including vehicles.
- Participate in company meetings and events.
- Installers may be asked to assist other departments and share any knowledge or skills they have.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School or Equivalent Diploma
Training Requirements: NABCEP Certification.
Knowledge Requirements: Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and internet usage, hand and power tools, construction, OSHA standards and working knowledge of NEC.
Experience: Solar, construction trades, framing, engineering
- Full time: Monday-Friday with occasional overtime
- Applicants should submit resume and cover letters to: HR@solarips.com.
About Independent Power Systems
Founded in 1996 by Professional Engineer and Master Electrician Tony Boniface, Independent Power Systems offers unsurpassed technical expertise, complete customer service, and in-house design, engineering, and installation. Learn more about Independent Power Systems at http://www.solarips.com.